School uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of the school, supporting effective teaching and learning.
School uniform helps to:
- Instill pride
- Support positive behaviour and discipline
- Encourage identity with, and support for, the school ethos
- Ensure children of all races and backgrounds feel welcome
- Protect children from social pressures to dress in a particular way
- Nurture community cohesion and promote good relations between different groups of students
- The school uniform represents a reasonable requirement and pays regard to the
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the Race Relations Amendment Act 2002.
Uniform is an important part of school life and we strive for students to always look FIRST Class when representing Putteridge High School. We know that uniform is expensive, however, we have been working closely with our uniform supplier Prestige Design, to ensure the Putteridge High School uniform they supply is of a good quality and hardwearing.
Our school uniform is as follows:
School blazer: Black blazer with PHS badge *
Shirt: White shirt; either long or short sleeves with collar
Tie (NEW): New Putteridge High School tie *
Trousers: Dark grey trousers, regular fit. PHS embroidered trousers are recommended. Skinny / tight fit trousers or ponte fabric trousers are not permitted to be worn in school.
Skirt (NEW): Dark grey, full pleat, between knee and mid-calf length, no wraparound, no slits. Fabric should be cotton or poplin type, not shiny or clingy or crinkly.
Socks / Tights: Dark socks or tan or black tights.
Shoes: Only plain black shoes may be worn. Laces should be black. Shoes must be sensible and flat. Boots, trainers, and sandals are not allowed.
Headscarves: Girls who wish to wear headscarves may do so as long as these conform to the requirements listed below:
- The fabric should be lightweight and black.
- The headscarves should be folded under the chin, taken round to the back of the neck and the ends tucked in - this conforms to health and safety requirements.
Headscarves should be worn so that the collar and tie can be seen.
Examples of acceptable footwear for school:
PE and Games Kit
PHS black and yellow sports polo shirt *
PHS black and yellow sports shorts *
PHS rugby shirt *
PHS sweatshirt **
PHS black and yellow sports socks * Trainers (for indoor and dry weather)
PHS black track suit bottoms (optional) *
All students may wear a wrist watch and one pair of plain studs in their ears. No other items of jewellery may be worn to school. All jewellery must be very simple and inexpensive, as the school cannot take any responsibility for loss. Facial or multiple ear piercings are not allowed.
No make-up including nail varnish or acrylic nails should be worn to school. No enhanced or false eyelashes.
|Coats / jackets||
Denim and leather, or denim/leather look jackets of any colour, cardigans, hoodies, over shirts and sweatshirts are not acceptable as coats and may not be worn to school. Coats should be plain and warm and waterproof hoodies are not allowed and will be confiscated.
Students are expected to have sensible hair styles. Long hair must be kept in place with neat unobtrusive hair fastenings. Students are not permitted to have lines or patterns in their hair or eyebrows.
All students hair should be of a natural colour.
|Scarves / hats||
Students can wear dark hats and scarves whilst travelling to and from school. Baseball caps are not allowed to be worn to school and will be confiscated.
- It is the responsibility of students to wear correct uniform at all times
- Families must ensure students are in correct uniform when they leave home.
- Form Tutors must ensure students are in correct uniform when they enter and leave registration.
- It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure that correct student uniform is always worn.
* These items are available only from our supplier Prestige Design. Telephone: 01582 883222 www.prestigedesignww.co.uk
* School ties may be ordered and paid for on ParentMail and students can collect the tie from the Central Admin Office at Putteridge High School
** The sweatshirt is only available from our supplier Affordable Schoolwear. Telephone: 01582 742460 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.affordableschoolwear.com